Template System for Happy Designers
We know all too well the tension that can arise between designers and programmers on a project. Designers never know what they can fiddle with and programmers never respect proper design. Regardless of your stance on the issue, our template engine helps minimize the amount of time you have to spend working with the other faction.
- Simple implementation of shorthand PHP for easy learning curve
- Aliases reduce the amount of reused markup, good for any project
- When used with the sponsored cache extension, file system and Memcache caching are supported
Small Footprint for Speed
Some people say that size matters, and we agree. That's why Yverdon packs a punch despite being well under 1mb on disk. Don't be fooled though, as we've packed a few surprises into the system to keep things interesting!
- Default installation is under 500kb on disk with all sponsored extensions and a default theme
- Memcache support through the sponsored cache extension provides a fast and reliable way to cache your data
Highly Extensible for More Control
If we knew or were able to build everything we knew you wanted we would do so happily. We won't though, so we made Yverdon extremely easy to extend and modify.
- Extension system allows for one file to completely change how the system works (like MVC?)
- Most of Yverdon is actually just sponsored extensions built by the core development team
A Few Projects Using the N2 Framework
Liberty RevolutionView Site
Liberty Revolution is a new search site being built using C#, PHP and the N2 Framework. The themed site is still under heavy early development.
The Zibings NetworkView Site
The Zibings Network is building it's beta version using a prototype of N2F Rupley, the ASP.NET version of N2F. The site will serve as a single sign-on environment for multiple upcoming Zibings projects and is written in C# and .NET 3.5 SP1.
N2F's site is currently running Yverdon v0.2. Of course, you expected that didn't you.
Any! Thanks to PHP we haven't yet found an OS that doesn't run Yverdon
Less than 500kb of drive space required for the default installation of Yverdon
Yverdon requires PHP v5.1 or higher to work
MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite are currently supported with more on the way in v0.3